Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Häagen Dazs Peppermint Bark Ice Cream


The Run: Tuesday, Dec 3. 17.13 miles at a 9:30 pace. 1,555 calories burned.

The Ice Cream: Häagen Dazs Limited Edition Peppermint Bark Ice Cream. 280 calories per half cup. 3.5 servings per container for a total of 980 calories. 

Yummy! This was pure pepperminty Christmasy goodness in a bowl!

The base is white chocolate ice cream. To me it had a hard to describe flavor. It didnt taste like white chocolate (which doesn't taste chocolatey at all.) And it didn't taste like dark chocolate. It was kind of an in between flavor - like the way a chocolate mint plant smells chocolatey. I liked it.

The additives were candy cane pieces and white and dark chocolate chunk pieces as pictured on the container. Here is how they look in real life:
In my opinion, there were just enough.

 I really enjoyed this flavor after my run! I had also bought Talenti Peppermint Bark and tasted both before deciding which to eat. I am usually a huge fan of Talenti but not this flavor. The hard chocolate shavings tasted cardboardy and there was very little peppermint flavor. Definitely go for the Häagen Dazs!

Below: Christmas in a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment