Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Early to Rise

If you had told me, even two years ago, that I would be happy to wake up at 4:30 to exercise, I would have laughed heartily: "Hahaha!" 
But it turns out that it is actually quite nice! 

There was a girl in my high school chemistry class who came to school with damp (sometimes greenish) hair after waking at 4 to go swimming. - she was at Olympic trial level. I asked her how she could do that and she said she didn't mind. 

I didn't get it but now I understand. When your body gets to a certain level of conditioning the exertion becomes pleasant, the high addicting. And what a great antidepressant!

So here I am at the gym, having woken up at 4:30 and having ran 9 miles by 6:50- yes, A..M. It may rain today and my husband can't watch the baby later (and I don't want to miss Yoga).
Too bad my rest day was yesterday, but it was one that I couldn't rearrange even though the weather was nice, having run 22 miles and 10 miles the two days before. Don't want to break this body that has let me accomplish so much!


Anyway, it's 7:30 and I'm on my way home, already done with my run for the day! How cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment